Wednesday, October 22, 2003

Buck's Night

Well - What a weekend.

Friday night was a pretty quiet affair as I recharged my batteries to what prooved to be a fun, exhausting Buck's night for a good mate Mike.

Mike's getting married in November to a great girl Sarah, and Friday night was our chance to help celebrate the upcoming wedding with our mate Mike.

We started off with a game of cricket and a few beers and then headed off to the Paddington Ale house. An hour later and we had moved to the Wembley that was absolutely packed with Rugby supporters as the big England/South Africa game was on. A few more beers and then off to the Captain Stirling. That was pretty dead but we still had beers and had a good chance for chatting.

Next up was the Hyde Park. By this time Mike was up to 3 shooters - Chatreuse at the Hydie to the dulcent tones of some 17 yo Heavy Metal band. Actually they weren't that bad for such a young band, and the sound guy actually did a pretty good job.

Anyway - next stop was the Scotsman where even more shooters were to be had. I ended up chatting to Kylie - behind the bar and had a Long Island Iced Tea.

Last stop was Ambar where I danced the night away. Thanks to the girls who took photo's of me dancing for stroking my ego. T'was a nice feeling. Hope ya not laughing too hard at the photos. :)

And best of luck to Mike and Sarah.

Other stuff that's happening is my next house purchase. I got word back that finance should be ready by early next week. That will take alot of pressure off Mark, and will get me into a house - Riverfront Bayswater.

Another speech tonight. Speaking in Praise. I think I'll do it on my cat. That should be fun.

Oh - and thanks Anon E Mous - for the comment. Twas a pleasant surprise to get the little email popup saying - "someones been over there at Dark Thoughts, and was kind enough to leave a comment."

If anyone else is reading - do leave a comment. Be entertaining, rip my blog to pieces, whatever. Most of this stuff is right off the top of my head anyway and a bit of controversy is always a good thing.

Anyway - that's all for now.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?