Monday, October 27, 2003

I've been slack - kinda

Well, I haven't been updating the blog like a good little blogger would, but as this is all depressing and stuff, I'm sure it's not been missed too much.

Anyway, last week was pretty darn hectic.

I'm currently arranging financing, partnership agreements, settlement agents and all the rest of stuff for the house that I'm buying in partnership with my best mate.

It's kind of got me on edge a bit. Not because it isn't a good deal, coz it is - for both of us, but because I'll be going into business with a mate, which is something that I said I didn't want to do. Anyway - I hope that I can prove the doubters wrong and this will end up being a great deal for the both of us with us both making boatloads of money.

The finance is all but approved and I'll have a pretty busy week getting all of my research together to support recent sales history for my valuation.

I also have to clean out my other house, but I think I'll take a week off to do that and to move all of my belongings to the new house and to spruce the place up a bit.

In other news LD 120 will be gigging on the 21st of November at The Velvet Lounge. It will be my first gig in a year, and will be a lot of fun. If you're in Perth and want to see a Kurzweil get tortured, then get on down. I'll be doing a real-time remix between songs from 7 or 8 bands and seriously messing with the audio on the way. It will be one of the most "live" electronic acts ever seen in Perth with no computers being used for control and everything happening on the spur of the moment.

It will be reminiscent of the old Interzone days, but quite a bit better really.

Also - I've got a date this Thursday. May not seem like much, but it'll be my first real date in nearly 10 years and I'm actually pretty damn nervous about the whole thing. I've got my life to a nice and comfortable situation and here I am inviting a girl to come in and mess the whole damn thing up.

Why do I do it to myself???

OK - don't answer that. Anyway, she's a nice girl and the night should be fun. I'm playing the whole thing by ear at the moment. No expectations and no pressure. If things work out, then that's cool, otherwise I think we'll still be friends.

It's been a long time since girls have ventured seriously into my thoughts. Maybe that explains the bad mood I've been in recently :). Anyway - I guess I'll play along for now and see how much trouble I can get myself into. Besides, it's not really right that I go on complaining about being single if I snub every opportunity that comes my way.

Well it's lunch time - so see ya's all tomorrow (or the next day, if I can't be bothered posting tomorrow)


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?