Tuesday, October 14, 2003

No Poem Today

OK, there's no poem today, not that anyone will probably notice, coz I'm probably the only person in the world who actually comes to this backwater of the web.

If you do read this, at least pop a comment on the end to tell me that I'm wrong. Will it change anything - nope, but I'll get a little email to tell me that someone has stuck a comment on a post and that will make me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Anyway - I'll put some more poems up in the next week or so and when I've run out of poems from my tormented teenage years, I'll start sticking up lyrics from my songs of my cyberpunk years.

Last night I completed my CTM for Toastmasters with a spectacular speech on Bacterial Leaching. I was asked to present something on it, and as my speech was #9 (Persuade with Power) I did it as a sales job.

Energetic and loud would be two adjectives to describe the speech, and thanks to Barry, who evaluated me.

A few points to remember for next time: Don't move around so much, make my hand gestures count, don't be so technical (though I thought I did a pretty good job of taking a subject that baffles most PhD's and post docs and getting a message across to a crowd of people who's education in the mining industry is predominantly sourced from the media. Note: This isn't to say that the audience is uneducated, just that their specialties lie in different areas).

A couple of other recommendations were made and I did note them down, but my notepad isn't with me so I'll have to go and have a look at them.

Anyway - I was happy with the speech, except it was a bit long, and am looking forward to my next speech at the Swan dinner meeting next Wednesday.

Till tomorrow - Nannu Nannu.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?