Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Wet Carpets

Well, on Friday, I was all geared up for a happening Australia Day Long Weekend.

Had a few drinks at work, caught the train home and arrived to see my housemate mopping the floors.

On face value, that seems cool, except that these were carpets, and there was water friggin everywhere.

The washing machine drain hose had come out of the trough and spread probably a couple of hundred litres of water onto the floor. Now this in itself wouldn't have been too bad except (as we later discovered) the builders had installed the floor drain into an external downpipe and pushed it so hard up against the 4" pipe, that the little flap on the end can't open.

The water really only had one place to go. Out into the carpetted hallway, into my bedroom, the spare room, living room, kitchen, and eventally to my housemates bedroom.

So I spent Friday evening moving furniture out of my room into the living room, so that the carpet renovators could come in on Saturday morning and pull all of the carpets up.

Ironically the thing that most annoyed me, was that I had to move all of my furniture again, after only having finished setting my room up 2 weeks ago. I think my housemate felt pretty bad, and I was a bit grumpy, but we do have a bit of a laugh about it now.

It was one of those days.

The rest of the weekend was pretty mellow. Two party's on Sunday, complete with backyard cricket, and Cobber of the Year (congratulations Cam). Monday was pretty mellow, though I did move all of my furniture out of storage ready for the big garage sale, and in the evening, my housemate dragged me out of the house to have some drinks with a good friend of his while we sat on the grass in East Perth and watched the fireworks display with a bottle of bacardi, and a 17 week border collie/kelpie pup.

Good company, and that warm fuzzy feeling that too much bacardi will give you.

Pity I had to come back to work today really.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?