Friday, May 28, 2004

Friggin "P's" (ouch)

It was hockey night last night, and our team did pretty well, winning the night 9-2, though the match wasn't without incident. A last minute substitute umpire umpired very consistently, but with a slightly different variation to the rules, than what we were used to. This raised the heckles of a few of the players, but overall the match was played in pretty good spirits.

The other piece of drama came about 2/3 of the way through the first half when our opponents had a short corner. My job was to protect the left post from the flick at the top of the D. Well the shot came; hard and straight, and I stopped it just fine, though unfortunately my little pinky managed to find it's way between the ball and my stick, getting properly crushed.

It's now a lovely mottled purple, red, black and white, and makes hitting those "P"'s on the keyboard a rather painful experience.

And today of all days, when I've had a heap of typing to do. Thank god we've moved on from manual typewriters is all I've got to say.

Actually the finger isn't all that bad. I put it straight on ice last night, and had some Ibuprofen to reduce the swelling, so it's just a little uncomfortable when it's getting used. Piano practice is definately out for a few days, but I'm pretty sure there's going to me no ongoing damage or discomfort.

In other news, it looks like my housemate has gone and got himself set up with a girl of his own. Again our bachelor pad utopia has been invaded by the fairer sex, though neither of us are complaining in the least. It seems that we've both been very fortunate with our respective Belle's, though I'm of the firm belief that I've got by far the best deal (though I am biased) :)

Speaking of Jodie, smiles abounded once again as we spent a few hours on the phone again. Each time we have contact with each other it seems that we are drawn closer together. It's such a great feeling waking up filled with happiness in the mornings. Her Perth visit is also all confirmed now, and the excitement is building. Just how I'm going to cope with the distance between us for the next 3 weeks I do not know. Probably with lot's of re-assurance from Jodie.

It's nearly home time for the final day of an extremely busy week. The weekend will be a time of much music for me. I've got a sound set to finish, some programming examples to do, and a gig to write. I've also got a remix to do for The Freakz of Nature and I really want to get stuck into a new song.

My housemate will be at the Landmark Seminar's all weekend, so basically I'll have the house to myself.

Such a pity that Jodie's not in Perth to join me :)

Anyway, it's nearly time for the twist top to be removed from a beer for afternoon drinks, so I'll bid a fond farewell, until next time.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?