Thursday, May 27, 2004

Home Again, Home Again, Hoppity Hop

I've skipped back across the pond to my humble abode back in Perth. It was an exhausting trip leaving the hotel at 5:30am after spending the night on the phone to Jodie, and then finally arriving back in Perth at midnight the following day. The trip was interspersed by short periods of sleep, though I felt completely exhausted, and in a timeless daze when I arrived back in Perth.

I had the joys of the red line in customs due to some incense that I bought as gifts in Thailand, though there were no problems with the customs inspectors.

I had lots of sleep yesterday, and did my unpacking and a bit of cleaning up in the afternoon. I had a Toastmasters meeting in the evening, and presented my High Performance Leadership presentation on starting a new Toastmasters club. It went down well, though I was feeling a little flat.

We signed up a couple of new members last night, which was also cool. The club seems to be growing well at the moment, and should be in good shape for the new committee to take over in July.

Finally I got to speak with Jodie late in the evening after the meeting finished, and it was so good to hear her voice after more than 24 hours of being out of touch. It's amazing the sense of deprivation I feel when I'm not on the phone to her. I think that it's going to be difficult to see her get back on the plane after her upcoming visit to Perth. We had a great conversation last night. Very mellow, but it filled me with such a sense of comfort and satisfaction. It's like a piece of some giant puzzle easing into place to complete a work of art, and breaking the phone connection seems to lift that piece back out again.

It always leaves me with a sense of yearning to hear her voice as soon as we've broken contact, and my days are spend desiring her presence even more.

I've returned to work, and straight away the mayhem started. Things are looking progressively more positive for our new business unit, and we are gearing up for an incredibly intense few months of work and project evaluation. I'm pretty confident that our company is destined for some pretty serious commercial applications in the near future, but much of the success is going to depend upon how well our small team copes with the huge workload. Exciting times ahead methinks.

Anyway, I've got to get back to it. I've got a meeting in a few minutes and I've got a heap of preparation still to do.

Till Tomorrow


Comments:
Big Kizzles!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?