Monday, May 10, 2004

Pleasant Surprises

The weekend was a time for pleasant surprises for me.

Much happened over the weekend, though I feel as though it went by so fast, with nothing having been accomplished.

I spent much of the weekend cleaning the house, painting the bathroom and re-arranging furniture. I bought a couple of shelving units, one for the studio, and one for the spare room, in order to empty some boxes out, and to give me some more storage space, while keeping the place neat and tidy.

The studio is structurally back together, though it still needs to be wired up. I might have to go and buy a new Rack, in order to properly utilize the patchbay, but I'll work that one out soon.

A side effect of getting the house all organized again, was that I got my bathroom scales back on the bathroom floor. Curious as to my weight, I stood on them, and found that I've lost 2 kg over the last 2-3 weeks. This was the first pleasant surprise.

Just when I'd given up on the losing weight thing it moves. Typical...

Not that I feel terribly overweight or anything, it's just that I'd like to be a little leaner.

The second pleasant surprise came whem I got a phone call explaining to me that a new indoor hockey competition was starting up in Midland. Indoor hockey is awsome fun, and we had our first game on Thursday. The team of misfits that I've been lined up with, are all individuals who didn't come in with a particular team. Strangely they are all pretty damn cool, and can play reasonanbly well.

We won our first game 7-5, though I was seriously knackered after running around for nearly an hour non-stop next to some fit 18yo guys. They just wouldn't stop running, the b@$#ards!

Most of the rest of my weekend was spent on the phone, and SMSing Jodie, which, while not unexpected, was very pleasant. She twisted my arm to get a few photo's of myself over to her. Actually, the whole photo thing actually worked out quite well because in the process of unpacking some of my boxes, I found all of my old photo's. There were a few of me as a young goth, so I scanned them in for Jodie, and put them onto the web.

I "borrowed" my housemate's digital camera and took a few more of myself, which worked out surprisingly well. Jodie told me that I had a very young face, which is very flattering, but spookily, one of the girls at the cafe where I get my lunch said exactly the same thing today.

I'm beginning to get all spooked out by all of these co-incidence's happening in my life.

Another spooky co-incidence happened this morning. Jodie asked me to take a photo of myself in the morning sun. As luck would have it, it's currently very stormy and raining in Perth at the moment, but when I walked out of the door this morning to leave for work, I was met with a beam of sunlight shining through a hole in the clouds. I grabbed the opportunity and snapped a couple of photo's just before the rain started again.

I really enjoyed all of the time I spent on the phone to Jodie over the weekend. It seems that every time I talk to her, I grow fonder of her, and feel more relaxed and trusting.

It's pretty weird to trust someone again, because I've been so wary and defensive for so long, though it's not unwelcome. Strangely the whole element of trust is so natural with Jodie, though sometimes I do get a little scared that this is all too good to be true, and find myself expecting the whole thing to disintegrate. I dearly hope it doesn't, because I can really see some sort of future for us, presumptuous as that may sound.

I'm not really sure why, but we seem to work so incredibly well together. I can't believe it's only been a few weeks since we first nervously met, and just over a week since we first heard each other's voices. It now seems so familiar, and so welcome to hear her voice, and I can barely remember what it was like not to have her in my ear as I'm falling asleep.

My housemate has been chastising me a little about it, but not in a bad way. He openly admits that he's jealous that I seem to have found someone "really cool". I think he's actually very happy for me, which is why he's my best mate. He comfortable enough with himself that he can be happy for other's success and happiness, and that's a quality that I look for in my friends.

I tend to find that with Jodie also, which is perhaps one of the reasons that I'm so attracted to her. She manages to find something positive with every revelation that she finds out about me. I think that that would be somewhat of a challenge, knowing where my life has taken me thus far, on my journey.

Jodie actually told her family about me last night which was incredibly touching. It somehow lends a substance to the whole relationship, especially in light of the fact that we haven't actually met in person yet. I'm touched that she feels enough for me that she's prepared to endure the 20 questions treatment that such revelations invariably lead to.

I'm so glad that I decided to get in contact with her. She's been such a source of hapiness and inspiration.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?