Monday, June 28, 2004

Away Again

Well, here I am in Singapore Changi Airport, awaiting my next flight. It seems my life is just full of travel at the moment, whether it's me making it, or someone else.

Things with Jodie went exceptionally well over the last week. A few moments of "Oh My God - What have I got myself into here", and a few fearful thoughts as memories of past loves surfaced, but I braved the waters, crashed through the waves and found someone wonderful waiting out in the water for me.

I'm not sure who was more scared, her or me, but we managed to work things out between us.

We spent the entire week together, excepting the days when she was in her course, and I worked, taking in many of the better parts of Perth. From Jane Brook Winery, to Alfred's Kitchen, from feeding parrots in John Forrest National Park, to snuggling in the cinema watching Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (which by the way was an awsome movie). Check it out if you get the chance.

I played a gig as LOST, and recorded it. I've called it "In Transit", for two reasons. Firstly it represents a change in direction for me musically, and secondly LOST In Transit, sounds kinda funky.

The gig was well received, despite having no sound guy, a bad sound system, and a couple of glitches at the start of the gig, but once I got through that, it went smoothly. I even got offers for 3 more gigs, which is great, but means lots more work.

Life is being generous to me at the moment, though I am thankful for the opportunities that are constantly presented to me, even small ones such as the opportunity to feed parrots with Jodie last week. Such a small and unexpected event, but a memory that will stay with us both I think.

Anyway, time is short, and I've got to get my bearings before the next leg of my flight.

Until next time

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?