Friday, June 04, 2004

First Flight of a Butterfly

Alone
An autumn leaf - your support
Timidly you edge towards the interface
To better enjoy the view.

The boundless horizon
Makes your heart jump.
Such a long way up
From which to fall.

Alone
A Breath
An autumn breeze, I move
To be near you

Gently I caress
With clumsy fingers
I brush the leaf
Falls, and gently tumbles
Earthward.

Panicking, your wings tangled,
Failed to open.

Sadness is me as I howl
Through black wooded forrest.
Fearfully I run, and you
Tumble

As I realize my strength
To once again hold your leaf aloft
To be with me.

Gently I breathe,
The barest of breath.

Pond waters still,
But the leaf hovers
As you once again
Open your eyes, to catch
My reflection upon the pond,
My whispers upon the breeze,
As you open your wings to take flight with me;

My Complement

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?