Monday, June 14, 2004

How Much More Complex Can My Life Get?

[Listening to: Time (Electrotechno Mix) - Appenix E - German Hard Trance - Downunderground (Disc 2) (5:49)]

What is it with this world. I think it's out to deliberately make my life convoluted, complex and generally not able to take any normal directions.

What bought this on?

Well firstly, my job has taken several more twists and turns in the last 6 hours. I'm now to be a web page designer for our new company, which definately wasn't in my job description, so now I get to add that to my already diverse portfolio of database designer, financial modeller, metalurgist, systems administrator, report writer and mud maker. Not that I'm complaining too much, because variety in my job is really good.

Even more surprising though is that my boss raised the idea of me going to China on a more or less permanent basis to basically run our Chinese office. It's not compulsory for me to take the job, but it does present quite a good career opportunity, and will give me some time to really get to know China. I've got some time to think about it which is cool, but if things with Jodie go the way that I'm confident that they will, then there are going to be another set of important things to consider.

I kind of suspected that something like this might present it self in the future, but I didn't expect it quite so soon, and it's caught me a little off guard. I've really just moved into the house that I'm in now, have got my studio set up just the way that I like it, and am generally pretty comfortable after nearly 12 months of continuous moving of houses and I'm not sure if I could envision another move quite so soon (though admittedly I'll have about a year to get used to the idea - but when it comes to me, timetables seem to want to be much more flexible than allowing me to take a year to make a decision).

Anyway it looks like it might be coming up to major decision time in my life again, and perhaps major turning points. The thing is though that none of this scares me. It's quite exhilarating. Between my feelings for Jodie, my career, my music and all the other little things that pop up in my life, things are going along really rather well and I'm looking forward to a future that includes all of these, though exactly how, and indeed if, all of these will integrate into my life to allow it to advance smoothly remains to be seen.

I'm confident that things will all turn out fairly well perfectly, though just how smooth that ride will be remains to be seen.

Anyway, it looks like I'll have a lot to consider over the next 6 months or so.

In other news, my ex-housemate, and good friend Frank today told me that he's now a proud father. Big congrats, Frank, on the birth of Cossette who weighed in at 3.625 kg (or 8lb in the old language) at a height of 50 cm (if she could stand, which at 2 days old is unlikely, so it's more a length than a height at this stage).

I'm really happy for Frank and Amy. Frank was simply glowing last time I saw him, which was about 3 weeks ago, so I can only imagine how happy he is now.

Best of luck for your family in the future guys.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?