Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Ministry of Sound

Another action packed weekend for me. Friday saw the departure of our Managing Director from our company, after a long and much respected career. This involved much drinking from about 11am until stumps, at around 6pm. I then had to go to another party, and I rounded off my night on the phone to Jodie.

This was repeated on Saturday night with another daparture party, followed by a night at the local goth club Sin. This was an interesting little affair, as I had barely been in the club for 5 minutes when some girl groped me.

In my long experience of clubbing, I've never had this happen to me, so it was seriously surreal. A girl coming up, saying "You" and then proceeding to touch you, is quite an unusual experience. If I were trying that on to a girl, I'm sure it would get me slapped, but I was simply too stunned for words.

I didn't even know this girl either, though apparently she'd seen me around before.

After this incident, she promptly vanished into the crowd at the club, never to be seen again.

Weird huh? I'm beginning to think that perhaps I shouldn't have had that shot of Absinth...

Anyway, Sunday was a new day, and a new party.

Ministry of sound at Perth Metropolis.

Here's my review of the night in a nutshell.

Didn't have to line up, which was a bonus, but the club was pretty seriously packed. Finding a spot to dance was tricky, but we managed to find a corner of the second floor balcony which was good, except for the low roof.

The first DJ was Derek Carter, who played, in my opinion, an amazingly uninspiring set. It was mixed well and all that, but there were simply no high points in the entire set. No breakdowns and no builds. Just 2 1/2 hours of the same rolling beat and bass line. It got me yawning after 1/2 an hour.

Next up were Infusion, who played a live set. Much respect to these guys. Not exactly my cup of tea, but they do what they do well, and the set was very much live. Some stompin tunes and the crowd seemed to like it, though there were a few flat moments.

Lastly was another DJ, who's name escapes me at the moment, which is a pity, because he was by far the best of the bunch. He played a great hard/dark trance set and really got the dancefloor moving. The other two acts, while competent, didn't really play stuff that inspired the dancefloor, particularly the first DJ. I spent most of the first set watching the people on pills playing with each other in the club. The second set was fairly exciting visually, especially when the lazer came on, and the last set saw me don my mask and go and interact with the crowd and dance.

Overall a good night, except that I couldn't buy a drink after 2 am, which was a pity.

Again, I rang Jodie shortly after I got home, and then later in the day.

We are really growing so close, it's a bit scary at times. I never thought it would be possible to find someone like her. She seems to really want everything that I want.

Increasingly I get the feeling that we are meant to be together, and I'm looking forward to a long happy life together with her. That probably seems a weird and full on admission considering the short time that we've known each other, but it simply just feels so right.

She left me lost for words this weekend when she sent me a SMS. I simply didn't know how to respond, the feelings left in me being so strong.

I've reproduced the message here for prosterity.

I am going to go through the dictionary and underline all of the words that help me describe you and how you make me feel, and then I am going to write them on scraps of paper in an ink of perfume, and then place them all in a bath of hot water so that my feelings for you infuse into you and you can soak in my love.

I'm not entirely sure what it was about that message that had me feeling so strongly. Probably the originality of thought. It's not a cliche, but yet it summarises her feelings so well, and in her own words.

After Sandra, I never thought that I'd have these feelings again, so it is doubly surprising for me. Firstly because I didn't believe that I'd ever find someone else, but secondly because the person that I have found, seems to be so well suited to me, even more so than Sandra.

The feelings that have welled in me have far surpassed those that I had felt in my previous relationships, and it is still so early. I thought that I had known love before, but I'm now beginning to think that perhaps I was mistaken. This is something so different and so much more powerful than all of my previous feelings.

It's like I'm perched on the cusp of a wave, awaiting it's crash, and the ride of excitement that it will bring with it. It's like that moment of anticipation when you stand on a platform with the bungy rope around your ankle. It's not a sense of danger that I feel, but anticipation for the adventure that I'm about to embark on. It's a sense of almost overwhelming excitement and I know that I'm going to enjoy the journey, and will forever want to stay on the ride.

I hope that it never ends.

I'm looking forward to discovering what the future holds for us.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?