Friday, June 11, 2004

More Counting Down...

Well, I just tried to send a blog entry from my mobile, but I think that I messed up an entry, so I don't think that it went through, and due to how I composed the message, I won't be able to repost it, which is a pity, because in my semi-drunken haze, I managed to put together quite a good little message.

Not to worry, I'll try to make up for it here, though I'm not even going to try to replicate the sentiments of the previous entry. This entry is also being composed on my mobile BTW, so if you don't get to see it, then you'll know something has gone wrong, though, there's a certain clash in logic there somewhere, as without this message you wouldn't be alerted to the fact that there is a blog entry to look out for.

Anyway, there's only 8 days to go until Jodie arrives in Perth, and I'll actually be able to enjoy her company face to face. I'm so excited that after becoming so close in our time on the phone, and via email, that we will now bridge the geographical gap that, until now, has kept us from being able to hold each other.

I don't think that I've really appreciated the concept of physical contact as much as I now am. It's a little sad though, that it has taken such a deprivation to highlight to me what a valuable commodity it is to be able to hold someone in your hands, and how much I take for granted such simple things.

Another thing that I tend to take for granted (and I alluded to this in my presumably failed attempt to post an entry earlier) is the fact that I have a roof over my head.

So many people, the world over do not have even this basic need fulfilled. It was highlighted to me last night, what a luxury it is that I enjoy, living where I do, by the storm that I was briefly caught in. Without shelter I would have been exposed all night to the fury and mercilessness of mother nature.

Anyway, my train is nearly at my station, so I will bid you all adieu.

Until next time, enjoy life.

As Kai Tracid would say. "Life is a gift, to enjoy, yes, that's it. LIFE IS TOO SHORT!"

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?