Tuesday, June 22, 2004

T +2 Days

Well, the inevitable meeting has come and gone, and frankly not much has changed. There's still the same feelings of recognition that we've found in each other.

I'm making this sound like such a let down after such a big build up, but honestly that's not the case. Everything that was there before we met is still there, only now whe we feel like a hug, we can just reach out for each other.

My initial impressions, simply for anyone that has stumbled onto Dark Thoughts and wants that element of completion, well, Jodie is simply stunning. Very much the same as the photo's that she sent me, though those photo's could never really convey those cheeky looks or that smile.

Jodie is a little self concious about herself, though I'm at a loss to understand why. She's great in a social setting, and can easily take command of the conversation in a natural and assertive manner.

Sometimes when I look at her, she seems to get a bit paranoid that I'm looking at some fault, but that's not correct. I'm simply appreciating her beauty ofr what it is, though it's kind of good having her ask what I'm looking at because it gives me the opportunity to shoer her with compliments.

Anyway, it's a pretty minor thing, and one of those things that I myself have been guilty of in the past. For me, it's somthing that I lost when my self image changed, so I know that such things are not immutable elements of our personality. Regardless of any potential self image directions for either of us, this element of her personality is something that I find as something of an innocent shyness. I don't yet think that Jodie has finished growing and THAT excites me.

When Jodie realizes that she does, in fact have so many attributes that others find appealing, rather than focussing on her perceived flaws, I think that she'll bloom, and I'm confident that that will happen sooner rather than later.

Blah...

I sound like an ungrateful git, but seriously I am grateful and do like her just the way she is.

Anyway, the last few days have been seriously busy. I was back at work today and after a huge breakfast and lunch felt absolutely bloated in the afternoon when I was trying to get some work done. I'm back at the hotel room now, next to Jodie. I think that tonight's going to be pretty quiet. Last night was a long night and tomorrow will be a big one, with the LOST gig (9 pm at the Hydie, if you are in Perth).

Probably Sushi, a quick rehearsal at home and finally a DVD. Anyway I've got to go. Jodie wants Sushi.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?