Tuesday, July 06, 2004

In Turkey

[Listening to: Dead Eyes Opened - Spooked - Severed Heads - Dead Eyes Opened (9:05)]

Well, I made it to Turkey.

Things have been manic, these last few days. So much work that needs to be done, in such a short period of time.

I'm quite lucky because I'm over here with a metallurgist who has a lot of experience, and who I work well with. We've actually worked together before, and he has a wealth of experience. We are learning a lot from each other, even at this early stage of the project.

It's actually quite difficult trying to achieve what we've been asked to do. There are a lot of very tight deadlines made by people who have an interest in keeping investors happy rather than any type of realistic project plan. Anyway, we'll do our best to walk the razor between the two aspects of the job.

Turkey is a great place. Fantastic climate, nice people and even the traffic isn't too hectic. Turkish as a language is proving difficult for me to grasp. I'm not sure why, but Chinese seems infinitely easier. Perhaps it's because Chinese is so completely foreign, whereas many of the Turkish words and characters are very similar to English.

I wish Jodie was over here with me. I think she'd really enjoy it.

Speaking of my fabulous lady, we had a great chat the other night. We talked about a few bit's and pieces and even got down to a bit of DMC. She asked me to do a little compatibility quiz, which was fun in itself, but it also got us talking about some deeper issues which I really valued. Strangely there were not very many surprises, which I think just show's how open and honest we've been with each other. Even so, I think that having these little reminders from time to time is great.

She also sent me a really long SMS (actually I didn't know that SMS's could span 5 messages), but she talked about an almost subconcious pushing me away. Strangely I can understand this, because I often have the same feelings. I can't quite put my finger on "why" I (and apparently others) do this, but I tend to think that it might some sort of sub-concious test. I'm not sure what it tests, but it's like a gentle nudge away to give each other room before the heart catches up. Perhaps it's a change over in feelings from the initial lust and puppy love at the start of a relationship to the deeper and more serious love and the long term bond that forms. Often it is this time that people work out that they shouldn't be together. For some reason, I think that the result will be different in this case.

Anyway, it was great to hear her voice last night, and it made me realize just how much I miss being able to hold her in my arms.

Soon we'll be able to again.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?