Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Here We Go Again

Well, Wednesday last week, I get an email telling me to get my butt on a plane to Turkey via Mongolia. Half a week of frantically trying to get the travel agent to get stuff organized. Nine flights it's going to take, and nearly half of those were waitlisted!

Well, at least my route is now guaranteed, so I will eventually get there, assuming that all of my contacts on the ground come through.

Anyway, I've made it as far as Singapore. Nice airport, though that's all that I've seen of the country. It's not the only place where that rings true, but Singapore airport (and especially the business class lounge) is really rather luxurious.

Yesterday was the pinnacle of a seriously hectic week. I had work, a lunch, pay for and collect my new digital camera (A Sony Cybershot DSC V1 in case anyone cares) pick up tablets for my cat, collect my DP4+ (which sadly couldn't be fixed - but I haven't given up), find a phone for Jodie, and then get her to the airport. After that I did some final packing and found my way to the airport.

It was so great to hang out with Jodie again, even though it was only for a few days. It seems that even just a few days of contact can sustain me for weeks and weeks on end in a content state. Contentedness is one of those funny states where a kind of numbness sets in. Things happen around you, but without too much effect on you.

It's like I get pushed to a certain state (a positive one that is) when Jodie is around, and get left at that level when she leaves, only to be recharged by our next encounter. I'm always left feeling happy after our brief interludes.

I sometimes feel a little guilty when I'm with her because I don't outwardly show a bundle of excitement and I feel I should. I instead feel comfort at having her around. A reassurance and a gentle inner glow of happiness.

Anyway, Jodie's in the process of making plans for moving to Perth in the next few months which is pretty full on. More so for here I suspect, because it's a big move to make. I'm actually very happy about it, but I guess a little nervous also. It's been a long time since I've been so close to someone, and the distance to date has provided somewhat of a buffer to my emotions. Having someone so close, so close will be an exhilarating ride I think. I'm really looking forward to it. One more little twist in my roller-coaster theory of life.

That's not really a hard theory - just that life is a rollercoaster. Ride it hard :)

Anyway, flight time is approaching so I'll just summarize all of the other bits and pieces that have been happening.

Hockey - we're on top of the table going into the finals. The last match was much more enjoyable with the ref's allowing a more flowing game. Much more fun.

Investing - bought the wrong shares in my choice of two. Didn't lose money, but the other shares doubled in price.

Got my trust set up, though the company name (for the corporate trustee is wrong). It's gonna cost me $330 to fix - Grrrrrr!

Still waiting on a final price for a Kurzweil KSP8. I'm getting this partially to replace the DP4+, but also because of the quality, and ability to use it as a recording device.

A few changes still required on ONYX, but basically ready to go once I get the docs back. Brujo wants to do a remix project on it, which we may release as an expansion pack at some stage. Still early days, but it's an exciting project all round. People seem to like the sound demo's that I've done, but they really only just touch the surface of what's possible with the set.

Got second in the Toastmasters Club International Speech Contest, and the Evaluation Contest. Pretty stoked because I was having a very flat night. Didn't deserve to win, and couldn't represent the club anyway due to travel.

Anyway, I could easily have typed for another hour or so, but sadly have to go.

I'll try to post more often now that life is building for another maddening decent through the triple loops that is the rollercoaster of life :)

Till then, enjoy life. It's the only real thing to do...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?