Monday, February 21, 2005

Back in Turkey

[Listening to: Track 01 - Orb - Cydonia (4:18)]

Travelling has been tiresome this time around. The bitterly cold temperature of a Mongolian Winter coupled with the somewhat frosty reception I received there left me feeling a little down. Currently I'm in Turkey after 26 hours on aeroplanes and only 4 hours sleep. My body feels shattered. I'm looking forward to getting some sleep tonight, and hopefully I can be a little more productive tomorrow.

The weather here is is really quite pleasant. Lots of rain (yes, rain, not that cold stingy snow stuff) and the temperatures are above zero. Very much like Perth winter temperatures, though quite a bit wetter. I'm getting to play with Mud again.

I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to be doing this time around while I'm here. The stuff I thought I'd be working on might be difficult with the staff that I'm supposed to be working with being in Chile. There's heaps of work that I can do, and so I guess I'll get stuck into that. The first thing will probably be making some major changes to the metallurgical accounting spreadsheet, which is the precise thing that caused me so much grief in Mongolia, so I'm not really relishing the thought of getting into that.

Actually I'm not really relishing the idea of doing anything right at the moment, but 12 hours of sleep will cure that.

I talked to by dearly beloved yesterday from Berlin Airport. It was so good to hear her voice. I really could just have fallen asleep in her arms if she'd been with me. I must have sounded all tired and subdued or something with how I was feeling. I wish that I'd been home, and even now am feeling somewhat homesick.

I'm wondering how I'll be able to cope with being in China on an extended basis, if our company decides to post me there as the regional representative. I think it will be tough, though it will almost certainly be an invaluable learning opportunity.

In any case, I guess I'd better get on with some work.

I'll post another chapter of The Array tomorrow. It's a bit slow moving at the moment, though the intrigue will start to build shortly. If anyone has any suggestions or spots any continuity or grammatical errors, please use the comments to let me know. It will need some serious revision at some stage, and I'm sure that there will be some continuity issues at some stage, even though I'm trying to be pretty meticulous with my planning and outline document.

I've still got quite a bit of research that needs to be done on some of the main plot, but I'll get into that soon.

Anyway, hopefully I'll be a bit more cogent tomorrow after I've had some sleep.

Till then.

Pleasant dreams :P

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?