Thursday, March 31, 2005

Nearly There

Well, my time in Turkey is coming to an end. While I do like Turkey, 6 weeks (or is it 7) is a long way to spend away from home. The work here at teh plant has been slow and frustrating with lots of quality control problems, and way to much work to do, for the small crew of ex-pats.

It's certainly been a learning experience about many of the things we take for granted in Australia. We've got half of the plant running, but we've got a couple of critical items that are stopping us from getting the rest going.

Hopefully that will be resolved soon, but I won't be here to see it.

Things between Jodie and I have been a bit strange of late. There's a little tension in the air. I think a lot of it is due to the big changes that are about to happen, particularly on Jodie's part, with moving house, leaving her job and family to come and live closer to me. It makes me feel quite humble though I wish that there was more that I could do for her, firstly to make the move easier, but also to show her just how much I appreciate it.

She got a really encouraging email from one of the jobs that she applied for, which I was really happy to hear about, though, unfortunatly she did miss out, because of a delay in communications. I hope that she's still encouraged by it though, because she has some great skills that most company's would find appealing in personnel for their administration departments.

It would have meant changing our plans for my return to Australia (which is to get our diving tickets on the Ningaloo reef) though it would have been a very small price to pay to delay this, if it meant that Jodie would have had the question of her employment sorted out. I'm sure that she won't be hunting for a job for very long.

In other news, I managed to get a day off (that's the second in 7 weeks) and went and visited Efes. Efes are some ruins, south of Izmir which features roman, greek and egyptian influence's as well. It's a pretty amazing place, and the ruins are in such a good state, that most of the carvings can still clearly be seen. Even down to a game of backgammon carved into a marble block.

Anyway, life is generally good, though I am weary at the moment. The days have been long and the work hard, but it's going to make the break that I will have in about a weeks time, all that much more gratifying.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?