Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Affirmation

[Listening to: Just A Fuckin Idiot - The Future Sound Of London - Isdn [Limited Edition] (5:40)]

I stood on the scales this morning and weighed in at a whopping 102kg. Now that is heavy, for my height. Not so heavy that I'm immobile, but heavier than I would like.

I've had enough of worrying about my weight, and seeing those 3 digits on the scale this morning have stirred in me a call to action. No longer will I worry about this. Instead I will do something about it.

Starting today, I will work towards my target weight of 80kg. That's 22kg to lose.

To do this, I am going to join a gym and exercise for 1 hour every work day. This can be squash (Mondays and Friday's) or bicycling to work if the weather is fine, or a cardio workout at the gym.

I'm also going to cut deserts out from my diet. I never ate deserts anyway, but they have crept back into my diet of late. No more. I've put my foot down, and it made an impact in the carpet :P I've asked Jodie to halve my dinner servings, if she is making dinner, and when I am cooking, I will strive for smaller servings myself. I will also report my progress weekly.

On days like today I really despise who I have become physically. Generally I'm happy with every other aspect of my life, but this weight is draining life and energy away from me, and I want to get it back.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?