Monday, July 25, 2005

Weigh In 1

[Listening to: Industrial Radio #012 - Jon Murphy - Industrial Radio (34:39)]

OK, well, I'm still serious about this losing weight thing. I weighed in again last night at 100.5 kg which is lower than the week before, so I'm feeling good about the progress so far.

In the last week, I've made some good progress about changing some aspects of my life. I visited a gym and will join up tomorrow, with Jodie. I also worked all day Saturday digging up the backyard, getting ready for some serious paving. I played squash on Friday and am due to play again tonight, though I may have to miss it due to a personal commitment, but that's not too big a drama.

I've cut down my serves for dinners and lunches, and am back to toast and vegemite, with a Barocca on the side for breakfast. Only 2 desserts this week. Pretty good, considering one of them was when we ate out. Anyway I'm still motivated to do this, and will report back next week on the continuing progress.

Thanks to all of you who have sent through emails of support. It is appreciated.

In other news, I've been having a shocking time with Cubase SX3 and mLAN on the weekend. I got 8 bars recorded, and one audio part re-arranged ready for recording. I had non-stop glitches, but fortunately they seemed to be on the output buss, not the FX buss, and seemingly non-stop crashes. The cubase crashes are pretty serious ones, resulting in me having to stop mLAN by stopping the physical layer process before I can reboot. I can't stop cubase, no matter what I do, except for the reboot.

On the reboot, my quatech parallel port card seems to forget that the 8PortSE is attached, and I have to reboot to fix that. It's like it doesn't release the MIDI interface.

I'm going to try to trash my cubase preferences, and rebuild them from scratch. This could be what's causing the problems. If that doesn't fix it, then I'm going to uninstall the parallel port, mLAN and cubase and reinstall them in that order and see if that fixes it.

If that still doesn't work, then I'll see if I can get the system working without the parallel port card. If it's still flakey, then I'm going to get myself a new computer.

It's pretty annoying, because I want to just get down and do some music.

I've also been working hard on the back yard of the house. I've pretty much got all of the cooch removed, and have started carting the yellow sand in, for the paving foundations. I'll need some more sand before I've finished, but we've got to extend the retic before we can finish that. My housemate has started on installing the conduit for the wiring for the retic, and also the water pipe for the gardens at the back. There's still a bit of work to do, but we should get the retic finished into the back yard next weekend, and the yard cleared, and ready for compacting and laying bricks. The yard and front retic will be next on the list, but we'll leave that for a couple of weeks.

I also had dinner with Jodie's mum the other night, and some family friends. It was a fantastic night. We found a nice little out of the way restraunt called the Lamplight, in Forrestfield. Very nice food, and great service, for a very reasonable price. The company was great, and we had some "interesting" discussions with the family friends. A great night was had by all, and the wines that we enjoyed topped the evening off perfectly.

Anyway, work to do, coffee to drink, so until next time, keep smiling.


Comments:
Trust you to appear on a different type of blog than everyone else ;P

In case you didn't get my email, I will be in Perth in September, so you want to catch up??

And I know how you feel about the weight thing..., *grr*

How are you otherwise though?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?