Sunday, October 22, 2006

Travelling.......Again!

I feel like I am forever on planes. Here I sit again, in the business class lounge at Singapore Airport, waiting for my flight home to Perth. Another week in China, another upset tummy, though at least I fared better than my travelling companion who has nearly 24 hours of travel combatting vomitting and a seriously upset tummy. This trip took me to the back blocks of Inner Mongolia and Gansu provinces to show some cosultants around two of the projects that I'm working on.

Overall it was a good, and very productive trip, though it was long and tiring. Travel nearly every day, with a 12 hour train trip thrown in for good measure. Actually I don't mind chinese train trips, though do be sure to get a soft sleeper, preferably the entire cabin, though the train service is notorious for re-assigning your bookings at random, so your 4 seats may well be spread over 4 cabins.

In this case we got half lucky. We booked 2 cabins for 5 of us (8 seats) and got 1 cabin plus four random seats in 4 other different cabins. It worked out quite well, because you can comfortably seat 5 people in 1 cabin, though there is only room for 4 if you lay down or sleep.

I managed to get a bit of shopping done in China, and bought lots of silk for Jode's (both for painting and for sewing). I got here a few other surprises too (though I won't mention them here, in case she reads this entry before I arrive back in Perth, and that will ruin the surprise.

Anyway, I'm feeling tired, and not really in the rambling kind of mood, so this entry will be breif. I've got to work out what to do for the next hour until my flight boards. Something that will ensure that I'm awake to board the plane and results in me sleeping soon thereafter, preferably. I'm sure I'll sort something out.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?