Friday, January 12, 2007

New Toy

[Listening to: Return To Forever - Global Cee - Trancemaster 2009 (8:15)]

I just received my SPL Tube Vitalizer, which has been on my dream list for about 5 years now. A big thumbs up to Lewis at Awave, in Melbourne, who is the best place in the world to buy good audio gear from.

I'm going to have to rewire and reconfigure half my studio to fit this in, but it is going to be soooooo worth it.

I've started doing some music every 2-3 weeks with an old friend of mine, Jamie Syde who writes some of the best tunes that I've yet heard. He's a genius on the wavestation and programming effects, though he doesn't get along very well with computers, which is fine, because my computer is playing nice at the moment.

In other news, the wedding preparations are moving along nicely, though we've still got lots of work to do on the invitations. I'm not very good at cutting out butterflies. They are really, really tricky and the good scissors have holes that are very tight on my fingers, which doesn't help much. Jode's has been the real butterflies stalwart though. She's done heaps of them. I help as best I can (I wield a mean heat gun :D), and I am getting better and faster at cutting out butterflies. I think we still have about 250 butterflies to go.

Just about everything else is finalized for the wedding. We just need to organize the cake, the suits, some shoes for Jodes and the Honeymoon flights, though we do have 5 months still to get all of that sorted.

The settlement of the house has come through at long last, though I'm still in the process of sorting all the accounts out. What a nightmare this has been, though it will allow me to set things up properly now. You learn so much from experience. We're about to go on a bit of a shopping spree for some stuff that we kinda need (like a new laptop, and new mobile phones), which is kind of exciting.

Anyway, work beckons, so till next time....

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?