Monday, April 21, 2008

Golden Goodness

Fluke - Oto - Bullet

I haven't had much time of late to blog.  That's not so good from the point of view of keeping this little corner of the web all up to date, but it is good from the point of view of getting stuff done.

I spent Saturday in the studio with Jamie working on a new remix for Golden Boy.  It's starting to sound amazing, and we're pretty excited about the track, and we haven't even finished adding parts or getting to the mix.

It's the first real chance I've had to try out the East/West Symphonic Choirs, and apart from a few sample clicks it's been amazing.  Wordbuilder is a bit tricky to get working, especially with thick harmonies, but it's worth the effort.

The choirs definitely benefit from some effects (well for our application anyway).  The track is building nicely, and we'll release when we're happy with the mix.  My mate Chuck is going to record some Sax for us which I think will fit perfectly over the top of this pulsing wall of sound that we've built.

Saturday was spent pretty much with 4 hours of effects programming for the choirs followed by another 4 hours of building Kurzweil K2600 setups and Ensoniq SQ80 sounds.  The SQ80 is one very underated synth.  Best hard sync implementation I think I've ever heard, even better than the Kurzweil's.

Sunday saw me being computer tech.  Got 2 computers out the door on Sunday (plus one on Saturday morning).  I think I'm gonna have to start charging for that.  Maybe a carton of Hoegarden's per computer.  That will keep the studio in beer for quite some time.

Anyway the pile of work on my desk isn't getting any smaller, so I'd better get back to it.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?