Friday, May 25, 2012

Samsung Series 7 Slate Day 1 Part 2

Did all my windows updates, got signed on to Skype and did a few other tweaks.  In mobile format, I'm finding myself using the pen almost exclusively.  It's great to just write emails, and one note notes, and web url's etc.

Most of the little niggles I have to date are pretty much windows related, rather than Samsung related, except for the touchlauncher not being able to be minimized, or to be able to flick to the desktop or change the todo app to outlook.

It is also pretty thirsty for power.  It will be wanting to live in a dock or close to power at least 2 or 3 times a day as it won't last an entire days worth of computing without a charge.

I successfully installed Live 8 (though I did the wrong download and have no samples at the moment - I'll fix that), but it runs fine.  Unfortunately due to the screen real estate, the maximum zoom that you can use on Live is 110%, which is a pity, because it would be great to crank it up to 150, but the Ableton window goes off the screen and you lose the navigation bar at the bottom.

The small dials are also quite tricky to control with the stylus.  I'll play around and see if I can get some better control.  Live it won't be a problem as I have an APC40, but could be tedious on the train.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?